Monday, October 26, 2009

2 Years...4 Years...Too Long



A few weekends ago Lex & I drove to Dallas. The purpose was reunion with one of my best friends Lindsey McDaniel.
Lindsey has spent the last 2 years in Prague. She went as a journeyman with the International Mission Board. If you know Lindsey you know she has a heart of gold. A true disciple of Christ who longs to see His hand over every facet of her life. There is nothing she does that isn't covered in God's blessings & guidance. We got to see her for 24 hours last Christmas when she flew into Lubbock to meet Annerson. Besides that we have only written, emailed & occasionally SKYPED for a LONG 2 YEARS. It is so nice to have her back in the states where we can be in consistent contact with her.
Her plans now are to gain a master's degree in missions from Southwestern Seminary in Ft. Worth. She will then return overseas (to a warmer location than Prague!) to continue living out the great commission (Mt. 28:18-20).

Who's the boy you ask? His name is Adam.
He's Lindsey's neighbor and maybe more.
Lindsey, I'm just saying.


Her cutie seminary housing.
Her apartment is adorable.


Lex & Linds...oh the days when they were Challenge partners
and I stalked Lex through Lindsey!
Ha!
I'm serious.


LuLu & Anners


I'm so glad that Annerson can get to know
Lindsey now!

4 LONG YEARS...

4.5 years ago I graduated from Tech. I was living with Lindsey & a girl named Chavon Perry. Things in the apartment had gone sour to say the least. Looking back I'm still not sure what happened between us. Mostly it was Chavon & myself letting Satan make the worst of a sticky boy situation that Lex & I were kinda in the middle of. Lindsey didn't have a part in it really but she was indirectly affected by it all since she lived there. It was so dumb looking back. We were all immature about it because we let pride & hurt feelings get in between friendship. All to say, we both moved out without so much as exchanging a single word of goodbye & left the apartment and our friendship in the rearview.
We hadn't had contact with her since then until this past summer when she Facebooked us. I guess FB is good for something after all. I am absolutely sure that the Lord ordained this reunion at the most perfect time. I had just given birth to Annerson. My heart was softer than I'd ever known it to be. You know that feeling new moms? When Lex told me that she had sent us a message I leaped for joy & cried because I knew God was behind whatever it was she had to say.

Since then we have talked, apologized, laughed & healed.
Oh for healing.
We thought we had killed our friendship but there is a time to heal as Ecclesiastes says. This has been the sweetest healing because it has been absolutely the Lord in every way.
"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed;
save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise."
Jeremiah 17:14

God wants to bring healing to areas of our life where we have sinned. This was definitely an area of known sin that I had been carrying around for years. I deeply regretted the way things turned out but didn't know what I could do about it.
I let myself sit in defeat.
Praise God that He desires victory and wouldn't let us settle for defeat.

When we visited Lindsey Lu we were able to arrange a dinner date between the 3 old roomies. This was the first time any of us had seen each other in over 4 years so it was a time of sweet reunion and healing. We all got to meet Chavon's husband Casey...AMAZING MAN. They've been married almost a year and a half now. Chavon got to meet our little Annerson, which was very special for me.
The night couldn't have been more meaningful for me & Lex.


Joy

Healing

we love him already

We had an amazing weekend as you can see. I did get to spend time with another dear friend of mine Laura. We actually stayed at her & her husband's home in Dallas. I don't know why I don't have pictures of them. I really wish I'd taken some. They are expecting their first baby in November.

Here is a pic of Laura's belly! She's absolutely tiny & precious!

Baby Boy Moon (their last name...NOT the baby's first name!)


And one more pic from the weekend.
Annerson's first official RED RAIDER GUNS UP!
(of course she accidentally purposefully did that)





7 comments:

Brie said...

How precious! I'm so thankful God redeems immaturity!:) Ive got lots in that area!

The Taylor's said...

Wow. I just teared up. God is so good to redeem. I feel so much of the same way about how that all went. So many years, and you and Lex never left my heart. Thank you for the blog, and the pictures. I will post mine soon. I am SO thankful for you, and I am looking forward to how God will grow us closer in the years to come. I am in this thing, woman. :) love YOU!

Lex said...

Praise God for His constant engagement in our otherwise pitiful lives. That weekend was amazing and beautiful. You captured it well in the post babe.

Lindsey said...

It was a great weekend! Thanks for coming to Dallas, I loved seeing y"all. I miss you all already. Life is just more fun when y'all are around!! It's true!

ashley said...

what a great post. God is so faithful and worthy of all our praise.

Moon said...

It was so fun to have you here!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
,