Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mama's last Valentine's Day

You aren't going to believe this but Mama is still alive!  She made it through the night and all day today.  When I woke up I looked out the window and thought for sure she was dead.  I had a crazy dream that one of the other cows came over to lay on top of her to keep her warm.  

Tara & Emily came over today so I took them over there to see her.  We were standing there telling her goodbye when all of a sudden we heard groaning.  I got so excited when I realized it was her!  You could barely see her sides rise when she took a breath.  As of 7pm tonight she was still breathing.  I was going to post some pics but Tara told me that was morbid.    

At dinner tonight we prayed that she would pass soon so she won't have to suffer anymore.  We also prayed for Allen.  That's a big animal to lose.  Not that size has any bearing on emotional attachment.  

I cooked a special Valentine's dinner for Mikah and Abbi.  They are Lex's nieces that live with his parents.  They actually have custody of them now.  Lex's sister lives in Florida and has very little to do with them.  They've been through so much.  

It was a nice night.  Lex had to work so it was just the four of us girls.  I created a masterpiece table setting & delicious Italian dinner.  P.S.  ANNERSON ROLLED OVER FOR THE FIRST TIME BACK TO FRONT!  

This was right after she rolled over.  She couldn't figure out how to get her arm out from under her.  She was so proud of herself though :)

Thanks Tara and Emily for helping with the brownies.  Also, thanks for "spell checking" my menu.  Even though we didn't catch one word until it was TOO LATE! They didn't notice though.  





7 comments:

Lori said...

Yea for Annerson rolling over! Too bad your husband missed it. Jonathan always gets sad when he misses Abigail's "firsts".

The McDons said...

You say my blogs are out of control! :) I loved the cow blog and also the update! And a little of Annerson rolling over news thrown into one! Loved it!

Now...last comment on my blog. I went to the Wal-Mart in LBK. Post doesn't have a Wal-Mart and definitely not a Hooters! :) Ha ha you make me laugh!

Tara Mahan said...

You're welcome! Just remember for next time... spagHetti! And I'm glad I got to play with Anner all morning!

allenandlaura said...

so there is cow that your attached to that's "passing on" and you want to put pictures up. Go for it, oh and thanks for the prayers. The thing is I never had pain at all, in fact i'm doing great. Yeah for your munchkin rolling, before you know it you'll be trying to catch her running out of the room.

Dana said...

I saw Mama on my way to work today. It made me so sad to see here there. I wanted to take her some meds or something. Poor thing.

Leah Dooley said...

You saw Mama! Aw. She died Saturday night so you saw dead Mama. They came and picked her up today.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
,