Thursday, December 18, 2008

the crib is getting some use!!!


It went really really well.  I thought I'd toss and turn all night, but I slept well & didn't wake up until we heard her cry at 6:30.  I think she'll do better because she won't hear us moving around or hear Lex talking in his sleep!  Her moving across the hall into her bedroom makes perfect sense at this point, but it's so bitter sweet.  She's no longer right there at the foot of the bed!  I can't check on her every time she whimpers or stirs. She's been in my tummy or right next to me for a year now.  This is a big step for us as parents. We probably would have done it sooner but the doorknob was really hard to turn so it made a loud pop when we opened her door.  We decided to just take the knob off for now. I'll post pics later of what it looks like now.  It's quite hilarious actually. 

YAY BIG GIRL ANNERSON!  I'M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR SLEEPING ALL BY YOURSELF LAST NIGHT!  IT'S SO EXCITING!!!!

You know what else is very exciting? Today is a super fun day for the Dooleys. Daddy's home!  I have a haircut today!  We are doing a little bit of Christmas shopping,  taking dinner to friends with a new baby, & then tonight is the 1st ANNUAL GRAY'S CHRISTMAS PARTY!  So exciting. The Grays are dear friends who we love to do life with.  They have 2 children.  Gavin is 1.5 years old and Madison is almost 9 weeks old.  She and Annerson are best friends & Gavin is Annerson's promised husband. 
 
Pope Gavin the First


Me & my BFF just chillin in our sweet rides