Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wake up sleepy!

I always miss Annerson when she's asleep.  Sounds ridiculous for a mom to say who gets an average of 5 consecutive hours of sleep a night.  Still, when it's time to wake my baby girl up I get excited and I can't wait to pick her up and squeeze her tiny little body.  

Early this morning I was enjoying a sweet moment with Annerson.  I was excited that she had woke up after 7 hours and wanted to eat.  As I sat there feeding her I heard God speak.  He reminded  me that my excitement for her to wake up so I can spend time with her is a faint shadow of how he feels toward me when I wake up. 

"Really?  You desire to spend time with me like I desire to spend time with Anners? You can't wait for me to wake up and give you attention?  A smile?  A hug? "

"Yes. I can't wait."

So I sat there and prayed for 45 minutes.  Spending sweet time with God. He was excited that I had woke up.   

7 comments:

AmyB said...

Kate is 2 and a half and I still feel that way every time she wakes up! But I've never thought about the fact that God feels that way about us -- awesome insight.

Melissa said...

So good, lady! Reminds me of "Whose" I am. Loved all the Annerson pics. She is too beautiful.

Jason and Stephanie Trook said...

Well said, Friend.

Laura said...

I can honestly say that I sometimes wake up Alexandra when she is sleeping "in" on Saturday just cause I am missing her. Maybe that is why I held her so much when she was little...I never wanted to miss a beat. Scary thing is, I have been with her 99.9% of her 10 years and I feel like I am missing it right before my eyes! It goes so quickly.

Motherhood is the absolute best. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a wife and mother!

Tara Mahan said...

Don't forget to change your link to my new blog :) LOVE you!

Ashley Weis said...

I can totally relate.

Beautiful post. Great realization. SO true!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
,