Sunday, October 26, 2008

ROLL OUT THE PINK CARPET

Ladies and gentlemen, it is now 7:40 am and guess who is still sleeping!  To catch up on the crazy last 24 hours read the 2 previous posts.  My alarm went off at 6 am to feed her and I couldn't believe that she had slept since I laid her down at 1 am.  Lex & I decided to let her keep sleeping.  I tried to go back to sleep but thought it wise to go ahead and get up and get everything ready for us to go to church.  Besides, I don't need to get used to too much sleep!  

So here I am, blogging while eating my cereal.  I'm completely ready for church & have her and Lex's clothes laid out and ready to go.

Funny story-last night Mimi (Lex's mom) came over to help me bathe Annerson at 8:30.  I was reading Baby Wise when she walked in.   
Page 114, "The stabilization phase is usually completed by the eighth week.  By this time, most babies are sleeping through the night or very close to achieving that skill."  HA!  I read this to Mimi, we both laughed, then I threw the book on the other end of the couch so I couldn't rip it to shreds or burn it.  But what do you know?  Annerson turned 8 weeks last night at 3:50 am.  Hmmm.......could this be the beginning of sleeping through the night?  If not, I'll still take it.  Now I'm going to go wake her & Lex up and we will all very restfully (is that a word?) leave for church in an hour! Amen.

6 comments:

Katheryn said...

Yeah I saw throw the book away (plus that's what our Dr said, lol). Babies are going to do what they want to do regardless of what others say. Our Dr. always said "Never wake a sleeping baby" they'll end up figuring out their own schedule!

steffany said...

Sweetie,
All babies/kids/people are different. One book, one method, one style will not always work.
Jace was a super mellow, totally unscheduled baby. I thought he was so rockstar awesome because of my parenting, only to find out out, I had nothing to do with it. It's his temperament. McKayley came along and screamed from the moment I can remember, hardly slept. I strated to lean towards trying to schedule her for my sanity, only to be discouraged. Quickly Faith came and I was determined to babywise her. She was somewhere between Jace and McKayley in temperament. She took to it rather quickly. Again I felt like it was my parenting. Only once again to be completely off guard for Lukas. He was again totally different than his siblings in temperament. Only this time I didn't feel like I had to live up to some method or lack of method. This time I simply enjoyed. I don't remember if he was on a schedule or how awake or asleep he was. I just remember him, his smell, his feel and the way he looked.

The McDons said...

Awe...I tend to fight sleep too! I'm pretty sure I've been this way my whole life! I'm glad she finally slept well! I bet the dedication went great. Wish we could have been there. :(

Ashley Weis said...

Wooohooooo! :o) Just wait, soon she'll be sleeping all through the night and you'll miss these times. Or maybe not... :o)

lkalivoda said...

hello there, this is a bit random, i came across your blog through a girl i used to go to church with (jennifer colley) and i just wanted to give you a little encouragement. I have a 9 month old son and i had the most difficult time getting him to sleep when he was so little. he would not sleep in a bed, with us, or anywhere, eventually he would sleep in his swing. i finally was able to get him to sleep in his crib at about 6 months. I just want you to know that you arent alone in your frustrations and exhaustion, it does eventually get better. you guys have been on my heart and in my prayers because i know how frustrating it can be when you feel like you arent doing something right, although deep down you know that every baby is different and they will do things on their own timing. i am so glad she slept through the night and i hope it continues that way.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
,