Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SAVE US FROM OURSELVES


When everything we say and take just leads to war and hate
We only pass the blame, sedate the pain and move along but something feels so wrong
So deep inside so hard to hide
So desperately we try and try and come to find 
that we are not what we've been looking for
I can't believe I'm hearing people say that all is well
I think it's time we all admit we have no good within ourselves
Cause we are not ok, we're not alright
We need to pray for help
Forgive us for our pride
Oh God! Oh God! PLEASE SAVE US FROM OURSELVES

Josh Wilson's song "Something's Gotta Change"

I am not ok. I am not what I'm searching for. I have no good apart from You. I try so hard to ignore this truth on a day to day basis, but You make it impossible to ignore.  Open my eyes to this truth Lord.  Thank you that I am not, but you are THE I AM!

No comments: