Saturday, May 3, 2008

Does someone need a hug?

Remember on Elf when Buddy finds the raccoon on his trip to New York City?  
Buddy, "Does someone need a hug?".  
Racoon, "Rrrrrrrrrrr!"  

Well....this raccoon was not getting a hug!



Lex had a near death experience last night.  He got home from work at 1:20 am and found this beast of an animal in our garage.  We have a very old school garage with rafters and wood walls everywhere.  That thing was right over his head.  He thought it was Olly at first and then realized it was like 2x as big as Olly.   Our cat escaped death as well b/c he had been inside with me since 10:45.  If he'd been in the garage he'd probably have gotten punked by this raccoon.  The weird thing is that as soon as I pulled into the garage Olly came right to the door and we went in.  I closed the garage immediately since Olly was in.  That means the raccoon was already in the garage when I got home and was hanging out there until Lex discovered him.  More often then not, I will go to my car to put stuff in there for the next day or take out the trash.  I'm so glad I didn't go into the garage last night.  Who knows what could have happened.  This thing was HUGE!!!!!  It was so freaked out.  It couldn't figure out how to get down.  After scaring it with the flash from my camera and the garage door opening/closing we left it alone.  Olly was standing at the door trying to protect us from it.  He was doing this deep growl thingy that was hilarious.  I was like, "What are you going to do cat? You have no claws and that thing would cut your head off in one swipe with those claws!" It's claws were like 4 inches long!!


It didn't look like a raccoon at all, but a small bobcat.  I wish you could tell how big it was from the pics.  


5 comments:

Candace said...

I would have had a heart attack!!! Glad you are all safe and sound! That thing looks gigantic!!!

Laura said...

Curtis actually shot one at our backdoor last night because it was eating our cat's food. It was only with a pellet gun. He hates them because of rabies. Be careful!

steffany said...

I can see you freaking out.

Stepping Out of the Boat said...

I would have been freaked out too...those things are such rabbies carriers. Good job on grabbing the camera though...it made the blog post so much more interesting! True Blogger Award!

stephanie said...

ok I think its time to post some tummy pictures... :)