Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thump

Today we met our doctor for the first time. She is wonderful & I was very comfortable around her....that's a big bonus for me. She immediately picked up on the fact that I have a low (or no I should say) pain tolerance. She even asked me! It was funny. I was like, "What makes you think that? The awful look on my face & this scowl!" God has definitely blessed me with her.

We got to hear baby's heartbeat. Even though we'd seen the heartbeat, hearing it just made it real. I think it finally hit me today when we heard that little heart pumping so fast and working hard to get bigger and grow! I just can't believe it was coming from inside of me. God is amazing.

The doctor said everything looked and felt great. I've gained 5 pounds and she told me to start taking my nausea medicine so I can sleep at night. I don't like taking pills. Maybe I'll try it tonight. Night!

6 comments:

steffany said...

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer-Colley said...

Congrats on being pregnant! How far along are you? What an exciting time in your life!

Fantastic Four said...

It only gets better and better girl! I love hearing that little heart beat. I used to ask the doc if I could hold it on my belly during the entire appt. I didn't care what he had to say half as much as hearing that little beating heart! The second tri-mester is WONDERFUL! Thanks for the update!

Jason and Stephanie Trook said...

Yeah for liking your doctor! I'm excited that you got to hear the heartbeat! It is so fun!

Laura said...

Leah, I still remember you as a baby. You were (still are) beautiful! I cannot believe we are all grown up, having babies of our own. That little heart beat...oh how sweet the sound! Cannot wait to meet her! : )

Carolyn said...

I'm glad you found a wonderful doctor. It can make all the difference.

RE the nausea, I just had to keep something in my stomach...crackers, sweatarts anything. That's how I got by the first trimester.

This baby is so blest to have such wonderful parents!