Monday, January 21, 2008

PAPA'S TULIPS

Papa gave Steffany about 150 tulip bulbs to plant in her yard.  Guess who got to help her?  ME!!!!!!!!  She and I spent about an hour digging holes all over the place.  It probably wouldn't have taken so long except for the fact that we had no idea what we were doing AND Lukas kept shoveling up the dirt we were using to fill the holes to fill up the bird bath!  He kept stealing our dirt!  Don't let the pictures fool you....Lex only came out to help after he finished watching HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL....like when we were almost done! 



I hope the tulips come up.  These are bulbs that Papa has had for years.  He planted and dug them up year after year.  Maybe there will be a tulip garden in a few months that Steffany can post about!  If not, we did it for Papa.  We knew how much it meant to him and it was an awesome memory. 

6 comments:

steffany said...

That is a day I will always remember.
It's about the process right?

Laura said...

I hope that you have tulips to see when you visit Columbia! Hope all is well with you...

makeitcounttoday.blogspot.com

Up, new and gonna go the distance!

Fantastic Four said...

NEAT memories! I love it!

Beth said...

Calyn thinks it is a girl!

Kim said...

tulips are my favorite flower by far. I have friend in Lubbuck she is using the same adoption agency as me. you should visit her blog
www.sistermom.blogspot.com they just brought home a dear from Ethiopia she is very cute, think you are having a girl.
kim

Leah Dooley said...

Beth! Welcome to our blog! Tell Calyn to tell Lex that...he's banking on a boy, but either one is super perfect! I miss y'all.