Saturday, December 15, 2007

Nutcracker

I just got home from the Nutcracker.   I can't believe I am saying this but I saw the Nutcracker for the first time in my entire life tonight...I'm 25!!  Who waits till they're 25 to see the Nutcracker????  You think I mean that I hadn't ever seen it live, but oh no, I mean I hadn't ever read the book, seen the movie...you name it.  I didn't even know the story one bit.  Did you know it was all Clara's dream?  I DIDN'T!!

It was amazing and I'm wondering why I was deprived of it all these years.  Now I finally know where all those wonderful Christmas symphony songs come from and who the Sugar Plum Fairy is!  

This is amazing.  I feel like it's opened up a world of opportunities that I have been missing out on.  If you haven't already seen it (I'm probably the only one left) go see it.  Make it a date w/ the husband and get all dressed up!  This isn't what I did.  I went with the husband's mom and our niece :) Thank you Lord for ballerinas and beautiful music.  Just perfect.

5 comments:

steffany said...

Does watching Barbie and the Nutcracker count?

Leah Dooley said...

Oh yeah! I totally did watch that at y'alls house but I don't remember the story. I love Barbie. Is that the only Nutcracker you've seen too? Is this a confession I'm hearing?

Christine said...

My husband took me and my sister to see the Nutcraker back when I was 18. We all fell asleep. :)

It's never to late for anything.

Leah Dooley said...

I felt like I might fall asleep a couple of times! But overall it was a wonderful experience of the arts!

Carolyn said...

I never saw it or read the book or anything either until this last December when my husband's aunt took us and the kids...and I am 39!!